I help people feel seen and heard in the world by collecting stories, celebrating community, and crafting a shared vision for the future.
People are the experts of their own communities. By infusing participatory design and decision-making into every project, I empower communities, foster a sense of and cultivate community happiness. My approach to creative outreach and collaborative design strategies for engagement is a cathartic exercise, offering community-building through consensus-building, fostering equity through inclusive dialogue, and increasing ownership through participatory decision-making.
The tools in my engagement toolbox are flexible enough to serve a range of products. My methods include:
- Digital Engagement and Remote Engagement (Video Conferencing, Project Websites, Online Surveys, Live Polling, etc.)
- Message Crafting
- Workshops and Public Meetings
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Pop-Up Engagement and Piggyback Events
- Crowdsourced Ideation
- Group facilitation
- Site/Project Walking Tours
- Open Houses and Town Halls
- Social Media Outreach
- Input Analysis